If you are lucky enough to be in London for the Olympics (or traveling there any time soon), Deana Goldstein, our tres chic contributor from across the pond gives us the inside scoop on where are the fashionable London mums are shopping. In fact, we merit some of these stores as actually worth the trip to London, but if we can’t convince you of that, most all of them have e-comm sites (and a few you have seen credited on Chic Child). Thanks Deana for your fab shopping guide!—CC
Here are a few of my favourite kids shops in central London:
1) Caramel Baby & Child: I like Caramel for special items—a party dress, cashmere sweaters…I usually buy my friends’ new baby gifts from here as there is something for everyone. They have a few shops around London and a concession at Selfridges.
2) Amaia: Amaia is a small shop in the heart of Chelsea. Mums love this shop for beautiful Liberty print dresses in the summer and classic tartans for the winter. Classic European for baby boys and girls and girls up to size 12. They have the best assortment of hair bows and bands for little girls.
3) Bobo Kids: Around the corner from Amaia is Bobo Kids, which has the most amazing interiors for nurseries and playrooms. They are always featuring new artists, unique nursery furniture and accessories.
4) C de C: This Belgian designer is a favourite because it offers a similar chic and bohemian style of Bonpoint, but for half the price. I buy my daughter’s blouses and cardigans here for the winter and the cotton shifts for summer.
5) Igloo Kids: This is a one-stop-shop for current seasonal must-haves, like the latest technology in swim gear with SPF protection, cool European brands like Imps and Elfs, I Love Gorgeous, and the newest toys (for all ages) on the market.
6) Petit Ami: Located in Notting Hill, Petit Ami features the coolest kids brands like Bonton, Finger in the Nose and Isabel Marant.
7) I Love Gorgeous: Also in Notting Hill is I Love Gorgeous, which is an amazing all girls shop from ages 2 to 12. As the name suggests, they have the most gorgeous pieces and its great to support a British brand. This one should be on your radar as they can ship internationally.
8.) Elias & Grace: Primrose Hill’s top shop is Elias & Grace – www.eliasandgrace.com – a high end boutique with brands like Album di Familglia and Chloe – they have the best trainers (I like Springcourt for my kids) and party wear.